The Seattle Hiroshima Club Scholarship Trust Fund has provided $3,000 to fund three scholarships of $1,000 each to three high school seniors who plan to seek higher education. The intent of this award is to honor and provide assistance to the descendants of earlier or currently active members of the Seattle Hiroshima Club.
1. One of the student’s parent(s), grandparent(s), great-grandparent(s) or relative must be from Hiroshima Prefecture.
2. The parent or guardian must be a current paid member of the Seattle Hiroshima Club by October 31, 2015. Membership applications are available from PO Box 94083, Seattle, WA 98124 or online at Seattle-Hiroshima-Club.org.
3. The applicant is graduating from high school and the latest high school transcript reflects a cumulative GPA of 3.8 or higher.
4. Scholarship recipients must be present at the Club’s annual general membership meeting, which has been tentatively set for Saturday, January 23, 2016. (Recipients will be notified as to the time and location of the meeting.)
The completed application must be received no LATER THAN MIDNIGHT, SATURDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2015. The following documents must be submitted:
1. Completed application
2. Official high school transcript which includes marks from the 9th, 10th, and 11th grades.
3. List of current classes and projected second term courses.
4. Two letters of recommendation: one from a school staff member, and one from the larger community, such as an employer, church leader, etc.. (Recommendations from family members or relatives will not be accepted.)
5. An essay on “What Hiroshima Means to me” (Minimum of 200 words)
The applicants will be rated and ranked on the following:
1. Academic achievement
2. School Recognition and Awards
3. Extracurricular school activities
4. Community involvement, activities and recognition
5. Recommendations and essay
To view and print the application form, CLICK HERE.
Mail completed applications to:
Beth Kawahara, Scholarship Administrator
Seattle Hiroshima Club
PO Box 94083
Seattle, WA 98124-9483
To insure receipt of your completed application by Saturday, December 19, 2015, it is suggested that applications be sent by Thursday, December 17. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-232-3894